Note from the Programmer:
Hello Friends, this program was written by Giovanni Rey, a member of Black Dog Professional Cycling Team during a winter break in December 2010. It is intended to fill a need for a iPhone based stop watch that was actually useful at the track. Once programming began the ideas for useful features flowed like a river until it ended up as a timing tool that is more useful then any other stop watch i have ever seen. It also maintains a simple and intuitive interface. The perfect timing tool, unlike any you have seen before.
Unfortunately for all the athletes in my favorite sport, track cycling, there really is not much income to be had. This is true even for the riders who are far faster then me, My financial goal for this timing program is to pay for the computer I bought to develop it on. Also I realized it was an opportunity to thank my sponsors with some non-intrusive advertising that effectively reaches our modestly sized, but incredibly loyal track cycling market place.
I intend to continue adding features to this application as well as introducing new versions aimed at other sports such as Track and Field, Horse Racing, and NASCAR.
- High Precision stop watch with "no-look" full screen start/lap button.
- Calculates Speed and Cadence for every lap instantly
- Instantly posts results to the internet using automatic seamless integration with iPhone eMail and AddressBook
- Log file management for easily tracking results on the iPhone.
- Unique timing features for counting and estimating missed lap splits or click errors. Also the ability to arbitrarily time sub-laps without disturbing the lap count or lap splits.
- Searchable pre-made or custom event templates for common track events including 1km, 4km, Scratch race and other events on several different track. Including the ability to adjust calculations for odd length tracks and.or race distances.
- Optional Count-down-to-start beeper. 10 second then traditional 5,4,3,2,1 beeps.
- Multiple run-time views including views emphasizing splits formatted to be yelled out.
The main Set screen. Press the big green button in the middle to start timing. Optionally, Press Options, Set Event, or Set Rider to configure the timer settings. At the moment the bottom section of the screen (320x120) is a saved JPG. However, a live web download banner is in place and just needs to be turned on and pointed to an appropriate web address (JPG or HTML or JAVA).
Running the Timer
View of the Timer in run mode showing some of the options. (1) is classic view with speed and cadence analysis turned on. (2) is lap Call out mode where an extra easy to read field has been added that holds just the Second and Tenth of second portion of the last lap split. (3) is an example of the count down to start option. This 10 second animated countdown is accompanied by the traditional 5-beeps if sounds are enabled. Note that any portion of the the large green button may be used to start/lap the timer.
There is no Stop button, after ending the final lap Hit the “done” button. This automatically opens an email window addressed to the rider with an optional CC field. The log has been printed into the body of the message. The final time and event name are in the subject. It is editable, additional comments can be typed before sending.
All times are save in a searchable database. Saved files and be edited for rider name, velodrome/track-length, and missed or inaccurate lap times can be replaced with placeholder timestamps.